Thursday, December 18, 2008

Not in South Africa anymore

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas. Brazilians stick cotton balls on their trees. South Africans spray 'snow' in the corners of shop windows to simulate what they see of the Northern Hemisphere. But this year we get the real thing and lots of it. It was twenty-four degrees below zero Farenheit last week. (That's thirty-three below Celsius.) Today feels almost balmy at ten above (negative twelve Celsius). (Well not quite...) I look outside my window and know I am not in South Africa any more.

(I am trying to figure out a new computer so you probably won't hear from me again until after the holidays.)

2 comments:

Chief justice said...

Lindiwe are you not going back to South Africa? If not, where are you going and what is your next mission?May God bless you and your family. Have a merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

LeAnne Hardy said...

I will be returning to south Africa in March to revisit the after-school programs in Thembisa and do some training of others to read in creches and after-school programs.